Monday’s Mom Moment
Christmas Gifts My Kids Got that Seem to Make the World A Better Place
(aka, Money Well Spent):
1. We finally got the girls some decent banks. So yesterday when I walked into Sophie’s room, I could see exactly where her birthday money was and that it was safe and contained. Nice feeling.
2. Have you played with Legos lately? They are amazing and my girls LOVE them. Sophie asked for them and I’m glad we were paying attention.
3. Sophie’s new coat was only $12.99 from Old Navy. It’s cute and fashionable and makes people smile.
4. Monster Hat from Mimi. Young and old are amused.
5. Strawberry Shortcake for Clare. My friends and cousins my age are immediately taken back to their own childhoods. Yes, she smells good.
6. Sophie saw a horse in Big R that you paint yourself. It was like $12. Santa brought it and she was thrilled. She did the first coat the other day and pretended that she was creating things for a museum. So continues her idea to be an artist for a museum when she grows up.
7. Books. Maybe not the immediate reaction you’re looking for, but the first thing they go dig out when it’s time for bed.
8. Warm fuzzy socks.
9. Chew toy for Edwin. (What else can I call it? J) He was all over that thing. Too bad he dropped it in the sawdust at the other house…
10. CD of music that cousin Amanda made for Sophie in the Wagner Extended Family Gift Exchange. The titles of the songs were written into a story she wrote about Sophie. Very cool and now we have one more CD in the van that the kids AND mom want to listen to!
What did your kids get that you are pleased with? It might be helpful for the rest of us when we’re looking for ideas next year… J