I’m Blaming Hearts-at-Home
10 years ago was my first Hearts at Home Conference. My good friend Leslii insisted I go. Sophie was only a few months old. I was swamped with work and being a new mom and the weight of the world was heavy. Heavier than I even realized.
That day revealed things to me that no one had ever told me before. The things I learned from Jill Savage and other presenters that year and in the years that followed have stayed with me and help to shape the Mom, Wife, and Believer I am everyday.
Here are 5 TRUTHS I have learned at Hearts that resonate with me daily.
1. I am not the only Mom who feels this way. (Whatever way I’m feeling today. Not the only one!)
2. For the sake of me and my family, I want to live a life with MARGINS.
3. God doesn’t expect us to know how to parent. He expects us to ask him. Constantly.
4. Professional Development for Moms is an investment in my kids, my marriage and my walk with Christ. I can learn from others. I need to learn from others. Here’s something crazy: I might be able to help someone too.
5. There is no such thing as “just a mom.” God put me right here, in this family, with these kids and this husband – for a reason. Embrace it. It’s a ministry.
Moms, I highly recommend a mom conference. This one is affordable and honest and loving. But if you can’t tear yourself away from your house, I encourage you to find a mom community. Online, with a church, at a park, through Twitter – whatever. Finding out you are not alone in your worries, your guilt, your frustrations – embracing community – will help you be a better mom. It’s a crazy job. It’s a challenging ministry. It’s where God wants you.
Do you have a Mom Community that has revealed Truths to you? Tell us about it!