1. My oldest is talking to me. Not sassing me. Not yelling. Talking. The topic is immaterial. It won’t last long. But I’m praying it lasts long enough.
2. I just walked into the kitchen and Eddie (20 months) is sitting on top of the kitchen table pouring syrup on his feet.
3. My brain cells were all used up today trying to convince the 5 year old that everyone does NOT hate her and she IS beautiful and I’m sure she WILL find a husband someday, but she really doesn’t need to get so worried about it right now… she has plenty of time for that later.
4. I just got 6 texts from 4 different people in a matter of 2 minutes and I’m either a) busy ignoring them (just kidding) or b) trying to figure out if I know the answer to any of their questions.
5. My oldest is sassing me. Now she got in trouble…so now she’s crying. If I call you now, I’ll forget that she’s sitting in the corner and she’ll think I care more about you than her.
6. It’s 7:30 p.m. and I’m still trying to get supper on the table and baths finished.
7. Ed dumped out an entire box of frosted flakes on the kitchen floor.
8. Clare “needs to talk to me… It’s really important.” [dramatic pause] …Well, Mommy.. I don’t know if you’re going to believe this… but [dramatic pause]…, I’m not tired yet.”
9. I’m in the car, alone, and it’s quiet.
10. Cuddling with Ed. He’s getting big really fast.
I like my kids. 🙂